Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
@ Alfa

See this is why I feel you guys need to read more about Italian oc, cause some of the stuff you are saying is just strange now.

Well, I will admit I am a beginner when it comes to the topic of Canadian organized crime. I'm convinced however that you and I can read the exact same book list and come to conclusions that are about 50% different.

Quote:
I've explained, the whole family- blood relative structure thing ad nauseum, but you guys INSIST on INSISTING that these clans MUST be organized like NY families to be considered organized crime. And what's silly is that the American LCN is an offshoot of the Italian organizations.

Whoever said that the Coscas up in Canada are not organized crime were not propagating a view I subscribe to. Because that's what they are, Coscas and Ndrinas.

Quote:
Your logic on the Bonnaos owning the Rizzutos, if that's the case you can almost argue that the Five families are really Sicilian mafia crews that never actually broke away I mean, WTF?

It's not comparable. For it to be comparable, Gerlando would have to be a captain or boss appointed by NY who was whacked by the Canadians in an act of rebellion. But he was whacked by NY, so where is the act of revolution? We just disagree.

Quote:
The mother thing I find amusing, cause we just had a post of the HEAD OF THE SICILIAN MAFIAS sister being convicted of being a " Made MAN" lol. That's who he trusted, I think he had a couple of sisters, or an aunt involved as well.
I've explain again AD NAUSEUM, that clans that focus on drug dealing long term, the structure changes to accommodate this. Eventually all they really need is a connect and trust, and the trust comes from Blood Relatives, not some crook whose loyalty is entirely based off his ability to earn with you. These people trust MONEY, their ability to BUY people, not some fuckin Oath and a burning Saint card. It's the Escobar/ Narcos philosophy Plata y Plomo, Silver or Lead. They will bribe you or kill you. And it's all in the family.

My whole thing was that if he broke off from NY and became his own boss, why would his mother be in the hierarchy? But it could just be a matter of culture I guess. I just would imagine that if you just declared yourself a boss and stopped sending envelopes, that you would assume battle formations and not have your mom on the front line. But he did have his father making collections, didn't he? And his father was also shot while he was away in prison....so.

Quote:

There are female bosses all over Naples, and recently the Sicilian clans operations look more like the " DISORGANIZED" Naples clans then the traditional mafia extortion operations. In the show Gommorah the MOTHER is the one who took over the clan, and this is VERY REALISTIC, but I feel like you are stuck in the like 70-80s mindset.

No, it's simply that I'm accustomed to digesting information about the American mafia, which normally excludes female participation. But before anyone says the modern Sicilian feminist version of the mafia is the original, remember that the original "maffia" might have been the Fratellanza Di Favara. Fratellanza means brotherhood. It's family, but it's only males. So that's your original mafia. Interestingly, this original or earliest recorded form of the mafia....was based in Agrigento.

Quote:
I'll say it again, THERE WAS NO LINK BETWEEN THE FIVE FAMILIES AND COLOMBIA!!! CC clan coke went to Canada and Europe. New York was the province of the Cali coke Cartel, period. Ya gotta do the knowledge, the research.

Say it, don't spray it. lol I've already agreed with you at least twice already about that. I also keep repeating, for some reason, that the 5 Families were customers of the CC clans, who in turn DID have a Colombian connection. Good Lord.

You posted earlier that the CC clans didn't supply the 5 families, only Canada. But....that's probably were Vito Rizzuto came in. Remember Galante. Montreal was his Holy Grail because it was strategically situated. The Montreal crew's job was to move junk received THERE down into the States. Let me spell it out in plain English: The Caruana C[untreras were the link to Colombia. The Rizzutos were probably the link between the CC clans and the Bonannos (and maybe other NY families). That's your missing link. That's why you can't envision a NY Bonanno meeting up with a rich member of the Caruanas. There were middlemen between the middlemen.

Quote:
I'll grant you Rizzuto may not have been his own man, but he wasn't OWNED by the Bonnanos. If anyone, it was the CC clan, and the Sicilian mafia clans they did business with. See the CC clan interest encompass ALL the Sicilian mafia, as well as the Siderno group, and quite possibly the strongest of the Naples clans like the Nuvolettas, and Mazzarellas, as these clans were part of some of the original drug pacts with Cosa Nostra....

Separate organization from the Rizzutos.

Quote:
THIS EXCERPT HERE....

"Almost all the money of the Sicilian Mafia in North-America to purchase heroin and the resulting proceeds went through their hands." The [BadWord] and Caruanas are necessary and irreplaceable for every other Mafia family. Their services are indispensable. Consequently, "the others are allied with them."

The above sub-excerpt is the most pertinent to our discussion.

Quote:

When the clan had to move to Canada half-way through the 1960s they found shelter with the Montreal Cotroni Family, a sub-division of the New York Bonanno Family. The logic of Mafia hierarchy required the clan to be subordinate to the Cotroni bosses. These bosses soon discovered they had lost control over their supposed Sicilian underlings who had set up their own narcotics racket. When Cotroni boss Paolo Violi tried to re-establish his leadership, he was eliminated. (41)

I don't see how a satellite crew of Bonanno made men could hope to control and dominate an international group of jet setting drug dealers like the CCs. I just don't. And I don't think it was even tried. That's more sensationalism IMHO.

Quote:
I can read about SOLDIERS WITH JUICE, like a Vic Colletti winning a sit down with Massino, but you think Vito and them are like, shitting bricks for this guy? Why the hell were they even SENDING GUYS up there to talk to him, he shoulda been coming down to NY. That alone shows you the juice he had, the respect they HAD to give the guy.

Not neccesarily. There is one stark reason to send guys up there and not summon the guy....the border is hot. Anyone crossing the border is recorded. You would never call your point man down to NY across the border with all that heat. Never. They did it with Sciascia, but it's also true that Sciascia had heat on him. A lot. So much so, he even got indicted.

Quote:
Again, if Sonny Red had a plug, then Galante isn't even important. In fact he becomes boss, like forget about it. He was supposed to be a DISTRIBUTOR. Your very post shows his Uncle got stopped in his tracks. But he COULD have had a pipeline, but the fact that he's dead leads me to believe he didn't..

Hey, maybe he didn't, have a plug. Maybe he did. I definitely think the 3 Captains were drug dealers though. Definitely.

Last edited by Alfa Romeo; 10/25/16 09:01 AM.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."