@ Alfa

It's just some of the stuff you say I don't understand....

Like I am positive, there HAS BEEN NO CONNECTION BETWEEN THE FIVE FAMILIES, and Colombia. Like WHERE DO YOU GET THIS?

The entire time period that the Pizza connection/ Rizzuto pipelines are being put together, the BONNANOS are in like total disarray. The Gambino family basically assumed the position of senior/equal partner in the Sicilian drug trade.

These Bonnano principals you keep talking about, who are they? The originals at the 57 meeting were Joe Bonnano, Carmine Galante, John Bonaventre, I think Frank Garofolo, John Priziola, ( Vito Vitale was there, was a major boss in Partinico, close to the corleonesi, yet lost out in a power struggle with Three Fingers Coppola for control of the Partinico family, gives you a hint at his actual power and where Detroit stood in the trade..) Lucky Luciano, a couple Maggadinos I think. That was the American contingent. THESE ARE THE GUYS THAT MADE THE CONTACT. And it's not like they were representing the whole AMERICAN COSA NOSTRA,they weren't, they were representing their OWN interest in the trade. The FRENCH CONNECTION was a Commision operation, I would agree, but this was because they had their top guy, IN ITALY, WITH A HOST OF DEPORTED AMERICAN MOBSTERS HELPING HIM. You need a point man over there, after Bonnano is ousted and Galante killed, WHO WAS THE POINT MAN?

Remember in the Godfather with Sollozo? HE approached the Corleones for money. It didn't give them " Ownership" of the whole pipeline, cause the people that supplied Sollozo didn't know Vito for shit. Sollozo went to TURKEY to set that up. He was offered a third share interest, you could consider it an opportunity to buy shares in a company from the ground floor. A gangster IPO if you will.

I imagine it's the same with the Gigilioti guy from queens who approached the Genovese. The Gambino thing seems much more involved, that was meant to be a very long term operation.