Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Quote:
AGAIN THIS MONEY WAS NOT BONNANO MONEY....

I realize that. I never said the Caruana C[untrera mafia families were a satellite of the Bonannos. The book however, thus far at least, tries to give the hapless reader the false impression that Vito Rizzuto was the defacto Godfather of even the Caruanas and C[untreras. Untrue. Vito's operation was not identical to the Caruana C[untrera operation, nor were the Caruana C[untreras part of "the Sixth Family".

The book is sensational, and really, the truth is far more interesting than the hype.

They answered to Sicily, and had the same arrangement with Vito as they had with the Egg.

Gerlando was the main contact with Montreal. Joseph Buccellato died in 1990, Baldo was sent to prison in the 80's, Salvatore Catalano was in prison, Anthony Murlli finally officially retired when Massino became boss. Massino and his trusted men did not have clue what went on up in Montreal. They made Vito the official capo, up there cause Nicolo Rizzuto didn't want it any more, Frank Cotroni did not attend the meeting, and another top guy did not attend the meeting.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green