First thing on the author, all these guys to a certain extent have an agenda. I just pointed out to Ivey in another thread, an entire report on OC earnings was released and it was basically incomplete. This same Sixth Family author mentions the calabrians in the book like they are just dog shit, but we SEE what it is today. Guys say the same about Naples clans, they aren't organized yadda, yadda....

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the guy was Canadian....

Alfa, Sciascia got hit, one he was asked by Massino, as a test, to provide ghost shooters from Cananda for a hit. But instead of doing that, he told some guy, " Use Baldo", meaning Baldo Amato for the hit. Massino was pissed that Sciascia, " disrespected the guys capo like that..." and started to , rightly, suspect that the Canadians were becoming a little too autonomous. See what he did was circumnavigate the rules, indirectly being insubordinate. Then he went and said Graziano, or Cantarella, somebody, was always stoned, one of Massinos top guys, and kinda subtly questioning Massinos authority, IN NEW YORK. And that is the key piece to remember. I'm sure it was in the book.

Like look at it Alfa. Sciascia was the capo, but he was subservient to Vito. All that guy did was arrange narcotics. And a lot of it went to the Gambinos, not the Bonnanos.

Now after they killed George, Vito was pissed. Sciascia was described as his underboss.

That's when the so called severing of ties happened. Now Sonny said in another post that Montagna a was used as a messenger to Montreal by the Bonnanos, and that's how they kept contact. But this guy didn't make a move until Vito was locked up, and if he was the Rightful Bonnano boss, and they control everything in Montreal, how does the guy end up getting whacked by a French Canadian? That's like Jimmy Burke staging a coup. Why did Nicola refuse to acknowledge him, echoing how he felt about Violi ? Understand, they had NO IDEA WHAT WAS GOING ON UP THERE, so how could they have any REAL control?

Power, is power. Vito was no satellite boss. What kinda satellite operates all over the world? Scarfo was picked to be boss, right. Well Massino sent his UNDERBOSS, TO ASK, THE GUY IF HE WANTED CAPO? Lol let me show you how it works IF YOU HAVE THE POWER. Joe Bonnano sent HIS guy, ( not like, you get all the way up there and be like, hey, would you like to be capo?) he sent Galante to tell em how it was.

Joe Bonnano had connects in Sicily. Joe Bonnano was at the 57 Palermo meeting. Joe Bonnano could reach out to relatives on the other side to access the opium fields. Massino couldn't do any of this. There are no poppy fields in NY. There are no cocoa plantations in NY. The way you ignore the Sicilian component and make it all about NY baffles me.

Couple thing here, what was this contact, and with who? There is no Sal Catalano at this point I believe, who was in charge of distributing all the dope.?

Also, I mean it's kinda funny you say Vito was just a shooter, cause Massino was there too. It's like fat ass Big Trinchera being at the Galante hit. You gotta understand mafia politics. Vito did that hit to make his bones, he HAD TOO DO THAT HIT TO HAVE RESPECT. And it had to be Sicilians in on it. That has nothing to do with anything....

It's similar to when you said there were too many Galante shooters. The Castellano hit had literally TWO whole teams of shooters.

I think you misunderstand Vito's methodology. He never bought a bulk of dope, and like "hoped " it got sold. No, he imported, only after a certain amount of orders came in, so the stuff was sold already. Same methodology with drug syndicates everywhere, from the Secondigliano alliance in Naples, to the Palermo families, to Latin American crime to TV shows, like the wires co-op lol. The entire drug trade operates on credit and trust. The Caruanas got a 5000 kilo load of coke seized, no way it was all the way paid for. I've read about the Flores brothers in Chicago, moving 2000 kilos a month, they never paid up front, lol who does that at that level? When you say it was Bonnano money, I feel like you just kinda made that up. Cause there are whole chapters on the Agrigento mafia in the 50s, and how Guiseppe Settecasi was partners withLucky Luciano. And the Manno family he married into. But you don't connect the Rizzutos connection to Sicily, and their home town of Agrigento at all, only the NY Bonnanos. The Caruanas have been trafficking since the 50s, they control ALL THE MONEY FOR THE INTERNATIONAL ITALIAN DRUG TRADE, or a big percentage of it. Yet you are convinced the money came from Bonnanos like, Sonny Red? Or who? The BOSS of the family, Rastelli was in prison and wasn't nearly that rich. If the three capos PAID for dope, there would have been no hits. Why would they kill em?

It's like when you say the Bonnanos had the contacts. To the Irish West End gang? For hash going to Europe? Nah, can't see it. To the Big Circle boys?
And Lebanese suppliers? I've never HEARD the five families having ANY big link with the Colombian cartels like that, especially in the 80- 90s, Cali was operating in NY then. They didn't need the LCN, and would have been competing with themselves.

Check out this article
https://www.tni.org/en/paper/rothschilds-mafia-aruba

There is so much to say!!! I can't even fit it all in one post...