Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
Alfa, are you sure we read the same book, lol

LOL, isn't that something? You take away something different after reading the exact same manuscript.

I just refuse to follow what the author is implying letter for letter. The narration of the book itself is so servile towards Vito Rizzuto, someone called down to New York to do the dirty work of whacking some captains...he had to jump out of a closet and then somebody said "this is a stick up".

I'll correct one point from above, the first one. Gerlando Sciascia aka George from Canada, the Captain of the Canadian crew was probably whacked because he had heat on him, having to cross the border being part of his job description. The book never mentioned why George was hit, and I think it might have been heat. Massino being the diabolical mastermind he is, wanted to probably tie up loose ends. Therefore after George was whacked out, Massino and the Canadian traffickers went underground with their activities. It remained that way after Massino was taken down/flipped. But I still feel that the Bonanno organization is the OWNER of what the Canadian crew is still up to.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."