Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
Oh, okay , I got you Alfa. I look forward to hearing your take on all this, I'll keep a look out for your post.

You enjoying the Sixth Family?

I'm enjoying it a great deal. I'm about 75% through the book. I don't want to keep you waiting for my conclusions, so I will mention some now:

1. The 6th Family never broke off from the Bonannos. That was just a smoke screen erected by the drug dealers in the NY Bonannos and the Canadian crew to go underground with their activities once Massino was taken down/flipped. [See edit of point 1 in following post]

2. Vito Rizzuto started as just a Bonanno soldier, and that he remained for his entire career. He was just a satellite Boss, like Scarfo. He was a narcotics middleman moving weight for a member of the NY Commission. He was not even self financed in that primary responsibility.

3. Vito never used his own money for narcotics. It was Bonanno money. He just got a cut from whatever deals he help traffic. He was not the OWNER. Even the book states he didn't use his own money, but the author doesn't connect the dots.

4. In the book, a person in the know says that the envelopes were no longer seen coming from Canada to the Bonannos after the Sciascia hit, BUT, they are not sure of anything else. They are VERY clear that the envelopes could still be being sent. They just couldn't name who could be the recipient.

5. The Bonanno group is the OWNER of everything Vito was doing in Canada, including his transcontinental narcotics contacts. You just don't stop sending envelopes and take over a pipeline. That's a Galante move and Vito was too smart for that.

6. Vito Rizzuto had to have been protected by someone in Canadian government. Everyone else took a pinch except him. The Hells Angels, and many many others were indicted, convicted, and jailed, including the Boss of the Caruana C[unt]trera group. But not Vito. This means Vito was an informant of some kind type or variety. The incident in the book were Vito befriends the police officer who stood up to him showed Vito's true colors...blue.

7. Juan Ramon Fernandez Paz aka Joe Bravo aka Paz, was probably not made, no matter what he actually thought or believed. This because Vito never stopped being a satellite Boss of the Bonanno corporation. The memberships for Canadian Bonanno's were capped at 20. That's it. No room for Paz. No room for a Spaniard either. Not impossible, just unlikely. Let me put it that way. For Ramon to be made meant that Vito could make someone without approval from the Bonanno administration. Vito was NOT a boss in relation to Bonanno Inc.

8. So far from what I am seeing, Vito was just the acting captain of the other 19 soldiers out there with him. He was not the defacto capo dei capi of every Italian mafia clan in Canada. The book sensationalizes Vito, because, sensationalism helps book sales.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."