Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
That's all semantics in my opinion CG, but what I do know is that the Rizzuto organization was bigger, stronger and more wealthy than any of those families that you just mentioned.

I think in terms of overall size they could be compared with a family like Philly. At their height in the early 2000s the Rizzutos had a set up an impressive and streamlined organization. At that point they were basically a Bonanno crew in name only, but ultimately they still answered to New York.

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
First of all, the Cotronis and Rizzuto weren't crime families. They formed what was known as the Montreal crew of the Bonannos, but it was functioning as a satellite group with its own hierarchy. This group consisted of approximately twenty made members. However, because they had a whole city to themselves they had a lot of associates and a large recruitement pool.

Until Massino flipped I agree. After that I consider Montreal their own family because they did act that way.

I see what you mean, but technically speaking I disagree. However, after Vitale and Massino flipped things started to fall apart both in New York and Montreal. I think by the time Montagna arrived in the city the crew was disfunctional. It's hard to imagine it's still existing today. Mafia protocol dictates it should, but recent events suggest otherwise. At this point it doesn't seem like the Bonannos care about Montreal anymore.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."