Originally Posted By: Faithful1

Gets, I can't answer that, but I think the point of the study is that no oil is healthy, just that some less unhealthy than others. Extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil cause arterial inflammation, but not as much as other oils. It's possible that there is some rare oil that is healthy, an oil that hasn't been subject to as much study, but it's not one of the major oils that are commonly used. From other studies, meat, chicken and even fish cause inflammation too. So does dairy and sugar. That's why the physician who puts out these videos promotes veganism. I recently started veganism and I've noticed some positive results, but I need to give it more time before they show up in lab tests.

Thanks,F1. Good luck with the switch to full vegan. Have you done it gradually or cold turkey ?or rather.....

I cannot dispute what the study in the video shows. I have read about some of the health benefits of using actual EVOO over other oils. I think diet, lifestyle, genetics, and even climate have to be taken into consideration when the consumption of any food is discussed.
As I've mentioned in the food section before, several members of my family have fallen to food related diseases. Majority of them had poor diets where they grew up,but it was countered by the lifestyle,climate,etc. They came to America as adults and within 10 years they develop illnesses, partially because of change in lifestyle and climate but also because of the way food is grown and processed here.
They had poor diets and were on their way to health problems eventually but the process was sped up when they moved here and didn't adapt.

The podcast in the first post here is talking about essentially the "bootlegging" of EVOO....counterfeiting of it. You are right that there is probably no fully safe and beneficial oil but I'd say for cooking purposes real EVOO is one of the better choices.