Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Originally Posted By: Belmont
It was not his son.
The comedy club was in west orange for years until moving to montclair for a short period.

Belmont, so it was Nicky O? Is he still active? I know he's really close with Scoops and he's Big Lou Fazzini's father figure and mentor in the Newark crew....

Also while we're at it, I was just at the Belmont Tavern and saw the Beeps shrimp on the menu got me thinking about him- is he still active as well? Heard he was a millionaire, but then on the skins tapes Ligambi is making fun of him saying that Beeps is selling cakes out of his trunk lol, conflicting.

The Newark crew must be beyond busy right now with NFL and NCAA football betting.

Dante : I don't know how well off Beeps is now but back in late or mid 70's I would talk with him often .
He was a small fish in a big pond up north back then and made a move to AC while Nick sr . was on his rise .
He was given the go ahead to open a pool hall on Arctic Avenue between Georgia Avenue in Mississippi Avenue the building is still there , it was opposite Muck's pool hall and let me tell you Muck was Irish and flipped out when Nick gave him the go ahead to open , it almost cost him his life.

Anyway back then I would stop and talk to Beeps and shoot pool he was a no nonsense guy did not like joking around he wanted to make money ... but he did not get his wish ...just like uncle Joe even with Nick's backing the locals just shunned them away.

He would ware the same dark colored slacks with a T-shirt and suspenders and a button up shirt over top buttoned up halfway looked the same every time I seen him except for when he stepped out for a drink and some of our spots .

The guy I least expect to get friendly with Beeps was Chris S. he would go play pool there with a few of his crowd .
See Chris was new to AC he lived with his mom in Philly till high school then moved here full time even when he would just visit in summer him and his father were the same fucking guy and would fight like crazy .

Are you referring to Chris Scarfo?