Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
Yeah, that was a good article Furio..

I was also very surprised at the white vs blacks ratio in Detroit, I never knew that. I always wondered why I saw so many black people coming to old Les Gold for cash in that show Hardcore Pawn, this explains a lot. That guy is the quintessential Shylock for me, he could play the lead in the next big screen adaptation of The merchant of Venice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit#Race_and_ethnicity

Yes is ugly to say in the 1950s when Detroit was rich the whites was the 83.6% of the totals.

Detroit remains one of the most racially segregated cities in the United States.[135][136] From the 1940s to the 1970s a second wave of Blacks moved to Detroit to escape Jim Crow laws in the south and find jobs.[137] However, they soon found themselves excluded from white areas of the city—through violence, laws, and economic discrimination (e.g., redlining).White residents attacked black homes: breaking windows, starting fires, and exploding bombs.The pattern of segregation was later magnified by white migration to the suburbs.

the italians are 280.000 in metro detroit so for this I say that the Detroit family was small compared to the east coast families but for the detroit standard are still viable.