Also, as far as Galante making guys and whatnot, I think that was Nicky Marangelo, the underboss and Mike Sabella who let him get away with playing boss when he wasn't.

They narrowly escaped death and got shelved as a result.

Major difference between the Gambino Sicilian heroin group and the Bonnano group is the Gambinos seemed to have absolutely NO INTERESTS in the Gambino hierarchy, only moving dope and money. There were no senior Gambinos trying to muscle them or skim a piece,they KNEW better. Shit Bruno was a Boss and he knew to just take his cut and shut the fuck up.

Do you guys think Pasquale Contes operation was an independent one? He seemed to answer to Paul, not the Cherry hill guys, or Sicily. I guess he was in charge of American crew of Sicilian guys? He has kinda always been an enigma to me, was he part of the Pizza thing, or something entirely different? I could never figure out....

@ Alfa

I wholeheartedly agree the Anastasia membership thing has always struck me as completely ridiculous. It's one of those cases where I really feel like history got it wrong, it just makes no sense. Like you said' these guys had to get vetted right? You can't even introduce another mobster without a previous association and three people, and they weren't just letting anyone in were they?

How the fuck does anyone SNEAK, like 50 guys past the Commision? Only thing I can think of is that Costello needed him as an Ally so bad that he tolerated it, and ran interference with the other Commision members. He DID after all, overlook mafia rules and ok Manganos murder... And he was of the Luciano school, business before all. Just a thought...

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 10/03/16 03:08 AM.