Originally Posted By: pmac
Theres a good article about some old colombo soldier nick rizzo in gangland says caesar and baldo came to the us in early 70tys and worked as brick layers for him as a favor to someone in the bonannos. Then they probaly seen the guys in the life and said thats what we want like most kids. After sal toto kills that capo licata i think he takes over probaly inducted by galante then opens the floodgates to all them young zips on that ave. What did galante do in 1978 to have rusty and all the other bosses turn on him. They allowed him to induct abunch of new guys into his family 76 77 what changed after that? I think the bosses found out he was talking to old man joe in arizona partly. He went to jail for i think 1 yr on paroe violation between 7879.after his death all the loyal capos to him got broken down. Thats why massino got bumped up that guy casear big trin the young guy bruno.

Licata apparently wasn't aware of what the Bonanno leadership had decided to do in partnership with Sicilian mafia and the Zips. It looks like he got bumped off when he somehow got in the way. captain or no captain, he wasn't told.

Galante earned his enemies. He was whacking Gambinos. That'll do it.

In my opinion it is very likely Galante was in league with Joe Bonanno. Joe Bonanno might have even been the one who put Galante up to it, to take over the Canadian to US heroin trade. As a matter of fact, Joe Bonanno being run out of New York...was probably trying to get Montreal back. When Joe got run out on a rail, he was probably kicked out of the Canadian-US border heroin racket too. Obviously Galante would be an in for him to return through a back door.

Galante's ally, Persico, was boss of the same family Bonanno aligned himself with...the Profacis. Just an observation. Galante likely was antagonistic to all of Joe Bonannos old enemies. Problem was, Galante was outnumbered on the Commission the same way Joe Bonanno was.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."