He is appearing in a Staten Island theather on Oct 16.

Just a discussion of his life an career.

Normally I don't go to Staten Island unless to watch a soccer game. But I might go to this.

I have some good memories of him. We used to go to his movies when they first came out. He used to appear live and do 10 minutes in each movie house when his movies opened in New York City.

His moves were funny, but nothing like those 10 minute live performances. They were really funny.

So I never forgot the good time I had at those.

In the mid 70s my wife and I went to the opening performance of A Chorus line on Broadway. I remember driving in a parking lot to park my car. In front of us was a Rolls Royce Franco Harris was driving remember him Pittsburg steelers.

Any we sat on the second in the next to last seats in that row at the Schbert theather.

The last two seats were empty. Light go out to start the show and two people come in and sit in those two seats. It was Jerry Lewis and his first wife. I am seating next to the wife.

I am thrilled because immediately remember those 10 minute live shows. His wife was sitting next to me. Then I saw the ring on her finger. Then I thought that had to be worth 20 thousand dollars. Then I thought I could take it and get away before anyone could stop me.

Then I thought my wife is with me can't do what you really want to do when the wife is around. So i sat and watch the show. At intermission he again left before the lights came back on. Same think after intermission I guess he did not want his presence to interrupt the show.

Maybe I will go and tell him how I admired him and his work with MD. I don't think I will mention my ring idea though smile

only the unloved hate