Originally Posted By: Ciment
According to some of you China experts. We should surrender to China and let them walk over us. I feel much better now to know that it is only 370 billion dollar trade deficit.Let's put our heads in the sand and hope it will go away.

I am amazed that there is only a one way perception like it will be a blow to the US economy.

I'm missing the part where anyone called for a 'surrender.' Also having trouble finding where anyone is only seeing this as one way. We live in a global economy now, it's not the 1950s. Of course it will impact China. And it will impact all of the foreign (many of which are American) owned companies that manufacture in China, which in turn will have other widely felt repercussions.

So what's the plan in regard to issues like that?

Quote:

This is where diplomacy and good negotiating must take place and let China know that if they do not comply there will be serious economic consequences or they will suffer more.

It sounds like you mean we should threaten them with force if they dont agree to trade terms. But i dont want to assume that without your clarification.

Also, do you think there is widespread support in the legislative branch for a trade war? Do you foresee any potential issues there?

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?