F1,

I think money will eventually be the determining factor.The factor in camera use being mandatory. Not sure exactly how police departments are insured but the insurance companies are going to push for mandatory cameras as part of the policy. A few large civil lawsuit settlements will move things in this direction.

I agree that there would be monitoring/maintenance costs but in 2016 moving forward, I can't see those costs being enough to justify not using cameras. Record the shift, automatically upload to cloud for storage(logged)(timestamped)....repeat. Retrieve if there is a discrepancy or complaint.

I'm guessing that if there are foolproof cameras rolling every minute of s shift, lot of this lying,fudging evidence will stop. Good cops won't have to be smeared by the actions of these bad apples. A better relationship is possible with the community because cops are as accountable for their actions as citizens are.

People say, if you don't have anything to hide...why get upset when cop stops you. If cops aren't breaking the law, why are they fighting against mandatory recording.