Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: tt120
trucchio and mastrangelo crews were definitely the most active, biggest, and going harder than anyone else when it came to traditional street shit. i think that was one crew (joe corozzo) and split into two, and now after the bust in 2011 or 2012 im guessing it merged back to one crew. those two crews were all over queens doing wild shit, making tons of $. i wonder what trucchios status will be when he comes home. everyone on these boards says he got taken down or is on the shelf but whats that based on? a rumor that he got slapped by vernace?

re: romanello's crew... how big/active is it? who are some crew members?

If I remember right, Capeci confirmed Trucchio being demoted in one of his articles.

yeah, you're right. i think i remember it being written about in a GL (interesting enough, after the rumor was posted on these boards)

as reported in GL, it had something to do with Trucchio trying to sever himself from the other codefendants and pleading guilty - causing problems for the other guys. and also there was a little tiff with him and Joe Corozzo the lawyer. but i also remember reading Vernace had something to do with in, and reading (rumor, second hand, etc...) on the boards that someone, either Roccaforte or Vernace, slapped Trucchio in jail

im just wondering if that was the case, how good is Vernace's word for? is there an expiration date on that? say vernace busts trucchio down and "shelves" him... trucchio is still coming out of jail a young guy, coming home to a crew with guys loyal to him that he's been committing crimes with since he was a kid. Vernace is old, serving a life sentence, inactive for all intents and purposes, and could kick the bucket in prison before Trucchio even comes home. what then? his word still carries weight? i always wondered how things liked that worked with these guys.

the trucchio crew i always found interesting. theres not a lot of info out there on Al Trucchio or his dad even, but both seemed to be very poweful guys. Al must have been something serious, because afaik he was made before he was 25 years old, and full Capo by 29 or 30. his crew seemed like one of the biggest and most active not just in the gambinos but in the entire city

Last edited by tt120; 09/24/16 10:48 PM.