Originally Posted By: Turnbull
According to Selwyn Raab's definitive "Five Families," the Zips Baldo Amato and Cesare Bonventre, who were sitting with Galante at the time, also participated in the assassination. He also says that Joe Massino was stationed outside in a car, to act as a backup shooter.

The court doc I read did in fact say that evidence showed that Bonventre joined in on the shooting. I am assuming this was ballistic evidence.

So far from the little I have seen, it seems like there is more to convict the bodyguard Bonventre of the shooting than there is to convict anyone else.

Originally Posted By: pmac
Think it was in a capeci article massino new it was gonna happen but had no participation with it. Was sonny black and sonny reds. Either sal vitale or massink brought up that guy big trin as a shooter when they killed him and sonny red saying they were making a move against the family like they did galante.

Massino had to know. He was too close to the top. The principal players had to pick a side before the cigar was smoked.

The Cigar was too dangerous. It probably took as long as it did to hit him because the Commission had to find out who was with who.

Therefore all the captains' positions had to be known. I was just wanted to know more about the three masked killers. Most mob hits don't involve men running through the street carrying heavy machinery in broad daylight. The Galante hit was bolder than the Anastasia hit by far.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."