Originally Posted By: antimafia
Originally Posted By: Hollander
Thanks anti! I have a question for you did you hear any news about the case against Diego Serrano, Pino Ursino and the others?

I don't know any more than you do.

You will recall that many people were arrested and charged in various cities and towns in Ontario (almost all in the Greater Toronto Area). A number of the arrests were of people who were based in York Region (immediately north of Toronto)--five of six such people were granted bail. Significantly, Serrano was the one who was denied bail. Ursino, residing in Bradford (more than 40 miles away from Toronto), was also denied bail.

For me, the most interesting part of Jeremy Grimaldi's June 6, 2015 article in the Vaughan Citizen consisted of the last two paragraphs:

Police said the two families, one allegedly run by Verduci, who has since been replaced, and the other run by Ursino, worked together with the Serrano group to commit crimes.

However investigators added that when the groups disagreed, it could end up in violence among the parties.

OK, I read that Giuseppe Ursino took over after the murder of Verduci. If he's from Gioiosa Jonica he's probably related to capobastone Antonio Ursino.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"