Lupo was said to be not a force as an old man, nor after he was released from prison. Its said that he and Morello would try appeal after appeal once they was locked up in Sing Sing, I think it was, and once those failed, it really crushed the both of them. Morello was able to be released and reclaim his status within the Masseria family, but Lupo was just left alone and lived well into old age, before dying. There was a statement he made in which he says he wishes he was still a little boy in Italy, because then he never would've been exposed to the mafia. He expressed some serious regret of his life choices. Prison really messed him up, the photo of him as an old man I think shows that, so we have two different interpretations of that photo. To me he looks like a guy just waiting to die. Also the fact that he wasnt bothered, had no known role in the hostilities between Masseria & Maranzano and even simply living as long as he did, especially during those days, proves that he was a changed, and dejected man. He lost his position during his time in prison and never sought to gain it back during all those years after his release.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 09/18/16 06:24 AM.