Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
alfa, I believe you are referring to ignazio saietta, a blackhand of the early century, before LCN was established here, he owned a property known as the "murder stables" he was accused of having a part in the murder of joe petrosino, a cop who went to sicily, and was executed there. he was born 1877, and died 1947, his brother-in law, was ciro terranova. supposedly got his nick name by breeding wolfs, and when someone he wanted killed he would tie them up in a big leather bag, and put a wolf pup in with them. he was supposed to have done this all the time, but, like I say, who really knows?

Wow, I never heard the wolf story. That's ugly. I always read about Lupo hanging his political opponents on meat hooks down at his so-called murder stables. Yes, it's Saietta I am referring to.

It's funny you know. You look at his jailhouse photo where he is young and his hair is cut. He looks like a little kid.

Lupo in Jail?

Funny how far taking a bath will go. His other mugshots look savage.
Two different people.

Edit: I think the mugshot of Lupo with dark hair, black suit, and black tie on, a few posts above, was taken before the photo I linked. My photo might be from around or near 1920. Not sure about it though. He actually looks younger in my photo than in the possible older mugshots. Strange.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."