Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi
Ivy,

Don't wait tables anymore that was years ago and I don't think Detroit is some unstoppable family. I think they have somewhere between 20-30 members and are not the dominant force in sports betting in metro Detroit and surrounding suburbs ,but are the biggest player in that. I believe that with that comes they're juice rackets which I believe are a fraction of what they used to be. I think they're involved not nearly on the same scale as before in stolen goods and fencing. Also dabble in auto and insurance fraud and if someone wants the prestige of working with a mafia family and wants to pay tribute they do that. Also think they have people they can reach out to in the unions if they need a small favor but otherwise labor racketeering is a thing of the past for them. Also believe they have done a good job of maintaining they're modest membership. Also they occasionally murder people,just like they occasionally go to jail. No one has been convicted of a Detroit mob murder since 1934. I guess there hasn't been any since then....

Well, other than my thinking 20 members is likely the max for them rather than the minimum, our views on the family aren't that different.

The issue is their level of activity and not whether they exist or not. All of us agree that they exist and have around 20 to 30 members. It's just that you seem to be the only one who believes they are barely active and borderline defunct. A view most of us find baffling.