Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
@ Ivey

When you said the last significant case, did you discount the D' Anna one?

That was from about four years ago right? I mean, okay, this is the FEDS saying this right? That a D'Anna was " bumped up to capo"' replacing Palazzolo who is now consigliere. (So why can't there be a hierarchy?) They also said the DEA was looking closely at the D'Anna's right? I bet you they didn't even SEE any narcotics, they probably made the same conclusion I did, too many historical connections to NOT to be involved. ( Or at least, suspected...)It utterly baffles me you think this is far fetched.

See I'm not privy to all the previous arguments you have had, but it really seems to have given you the lasting impression that ANYONE who WANTS to discuss Detroit MUST be retarded, lol those must have been some dumb arguments. ( I might go back and try to read some, just for laughs lol)

Scranton and Pittsburgh don't have a network of Mafia royalty still living breathing. I think this alone makes Detroit KINDA interesting, a little? No ?

No, I did not forget the D'Anna case. But it begs the question how significant it is. If one wants to argue it's significant by Detroit standards, that goes to my point. And did the feds say one of them was bumped up to captain or did Scott say that? I don't automatically equate the two and, while they're definitely in the mob, I don't recall any specific rank mentioned on the press release or case summary. And I'll believe there's any drug trafficking going on when I see proof. When was the last narcotics bust involving the Detroit mob?

I've never said there isn't a hierarchy in Detroit. I've said I don't believe the overly hierarchical charts we see posted online, or the 50+ members, represent reality. Nor do I believe the family being extra smart and it's familial ties explains away the relative lack of cases. If people want to still consider Detroit among the viable families remaining, I've repeatedly said they can because it's debatable. What starts the arguments is people getting upset that some of us don't buy into the fantasy of Detroit being larger and more active than it is.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.