@ Ivey

When you said the last significant case, did you discount the D' Anna one?

That was from about four years ago right? I mean, okay, this is the FEDS saying this right? That a D'Anna was " bumped up to capo"' replacing Palazzolo who is now consigliere. (So why can't there be a hierarchy?) They also said the DEA was looking closely at the D'Anna's right? I bet you they didn't even SEE any narcotics, they probably made the same conclusion I did, too many historical connections to NOT to be involved. ( Or at least, suspected...)It utterly baffles me you think this is far fetched.

See I'm not privy to all the previous arguments you have had, but it really seems to have given you the lasting impression that ANYONE who WANTS to discuss Detroit MUST be retarded, lol those must have been some dumb arguments. ( I might go back and try to read some, just for laughs lol)

Scranton and Pittsburgh don't have a network of Mafia royalty still living breathing. I think this alone makes Detroit KINDA interesting, a little? No ?

@Dante

You make a good point, but I think that D' Anna indictment, really shows what they are about. Sicilian style extortion, and suspected drug ties. Of anything they MIGHT be involved in, for reasons I stated previously, I think it would be drugs, over gambling. And if there is gambling, with the legit money these guys have, it's offshore online somewhere undoubtedly. As there is no middle class there to cater to as far as gambling, ( like neighborhood knock around guys, union guys) from what I can see.

In Chicago,a lot of the demographic I see gambling are young, barely thirty, educated, tech savvy, next gen types who have cash to burn. Bored yuppies basically.

Like all those good paying jobs with benefits, where is the discretionary income to gamble come from? I mean for a real widespread operation..
(Actually, for precisely this reason, the territory might be a profitable one for a numbers racket...)
Kinda the same deal with Cleveland, Scranton, weren't those big steel towns? All those jobs gone, the REASON for the mafia family to exist goes with them, no clientle to service, right?
Also, I mean, they were having trouble just getting clean water right? The gambling might not be a big enough priority.

I also think Furio made a good point about the racial makeup of the city. A mob case probably doesn't get the same pub as it does in NY....

I don't see why this HAS TO BE AN ARGUMENT everytime lol, until the next indictment then...

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 09/11/16 07:03 AM.