Originally Posted By: gangstereport
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
You would think at least the Michigan State Police would be making gambling charges against them if they were really active?

last time they brought gambling charges against the Detroit mob was 2013 i think where they busted an known associate Tommy Mackey and his guys who later flipped on everyone else involved. He had been busted with the Giacalones in 2006. Ivy your forgetting about the 2008 bust i know it was a small one but those guys were connected Jack Giacalone was one of the targets but he was never indicted

my view it is a dying family and probably wont exist 15 years from now when you look at there youngest made guy is in his 40s. I wouldent say they are dead yet these guys have been mobsters there whole lives so have there fathers and grandfathers they are not giving up now but it is really gambling operation. I know during the D`anna trial it was said the DEA were investigating but even if some of them were involved in drug trafficking it will probably have been on a small scale.

Are you referring to the May 2009 point shaving case involving Mitchel "Eddie" Karam and Ghazzi Mani? If so, I'm aware of it. Like the Mackey one, it had ties to the Detroit mob but wasn't all that significant compared to the 1996 and 2006 busts that were bigger and involved made guys.

yes thats the case i am referring to i was just pointing out there has been mob related cases since 2006 even if there has been no made guys involved in those two busts both did have ties to well known mobsters

Well can see gambling cases with mob ties in Scranton and Pittsburgh too but nobody is making the same claims about those families. Without Scott's charts I doubt we're even having this discussion.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.