Gets, Interesting on Whitman and the EPA. Were government scientists being deceptive or relying on old technology? Today's tech is so much more advanced than 15 years ago. I'm sure there was also pressure from the locals themselves to return to their homes. It's a tough situation. Would like to see comparative stats for the health conditions too since there have been bogus claims on both sides.

The second piece from the Washington Post, didn't see where it asked for comments from Cheney. Always should include both sides, especially if the writer is making negative allegations. I looked in the original article ("Leaving No Tracks", June 27, 2007) and one of its major sources for that section is a lobbyist and another is a Florida law professor who specializes in the endangered species act, both of whom had an anti-Bush agenda. So I have to wonder how did the writers get all this inside information? The writers quote Whitman but doesn't mention that they actually interviewed her. So it makes it hard to tell if the article is accurate or a hit piece.