Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

Adam all the mob experts say that Nove Tocco was a made man even Rick Porrello. For the few proofs, this depend of the fact that Tocco was a soldier but in a very low level ie he did the dirty work and in the detroit family wasnt be a large autonomy like in the other family,and Tocco complaining that he must ask the ok for everything. If dont flip a capo never will get out a big stuff on the family inner circle.

Hi Furio. Not trying to get into a heated argument, just a friendly discussion. But it is one thing for experts(law enforcement, journalists, researchers) to believe that certain people are inducted members of the mob based on their arrests, who they're associated with, wiretap transcripts and things like that. But its all a big guessing game until its corroborated. I think labeling Nove Tocco as a made soldier when he was indicted in 1996 and tried and convicted in 1998 were perfectly reasonable suppositions. However, after he began cooperating we didn't get any information from him on a making ceremony, when it was, who was there, who else was inducted or any of the information we always get from made members when they start working for the government. Not even an admission that he was a member of the mafia like Vito Giacalone had to do when he pled out his charges in 1998 and he didn't even cooperate. And this isn't proof, but at the time Nove would have been inducted the Detroit family seems to have still been one that had members be involved in a murder. And that definitely didn't happen with Nove. Once again not proof, but it does fit with him being a low level unmade associate who was related to important people. Now if Nove did a book(which I think would be pretty interesting) maybe he could clear some of this up. I just haven't seen anything backing up the claim that he was initiated. It always seems to be just an assumption people have. But I could be wrong.