Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Originally Posted By: helenwheels

Fox News Will Pay Gretchen Carlson $20 Million To Settle Sexual Harassment Suit

Helen,

thanks for the update. Do you think that one of the conditions of the settlement was the firing of Van Susteren?

Sounds like a stretch, but the timing of her departure makes me wonder.

I wonder what kinds of things were on the tapes. I think Oli posted about the existence of the tapes last week, and not 7 days later there's a settlement.

I read two conflicting stories on this. One is Van Susteren was renegotiating her salary, which deadlocked but she had a clause in her contract that allowed her to leave if Ailes was gone, so she invoked it.The other was she was troubled by the culture at the network.

My best guess is the truth is a likely a little from column A and a little from column B.

The tape Carlson made had to be a motivation for Fox to settle fast and for this much. If they had a leg to stand on they'd have fought, it would have cost much less than $20 million and the bad publicity. I'd love to see/hear it.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?