Originally Posted By: yatescj7
Cannot stand sing the anthem before the Civil Rights Movement and desegregation doesn't equate to not standing when you're a mixed QB raised in Mid-upper class suburbia making millions a year. Don't you dare disgrace the injustice and hell Jackie Robinson went through to break the barrier. Kap isn't a pimple on Jackie Robinson's ass.You should be ashamed to compare the 2. It's pathetic.

Hate to hit you with facts, but if you want to protest that is ok. Protest against the main predator of black lives, if they matter as much as you say they do. In the year 2015. Police kill 258 black people, no matter the circumstance. that is horrible and unacceptable. Even more horrible, black killed by other black people....................almost 6,000 black people in 2015 were killed by other black people.??? WTF? Address the real problem first. 6 thousand of black citizens are killed by other black citizens. Why not address those 6 thousand lost first then go after the 258 killed by police? Doesn't make sense. Only makes sense if you want to stir up racism in this country for your own selfish gains.

My post notes that the autobiography was published in 1972. I included a photo of Jackie Robinson in uniform and his Army rank.

You made a post expressing your opinion that Kap's views about the anthem and flag were a slap in face of Vets, especially Black vets.

I posted a quote from Army vet, Jackie Robinson, that expressed the same view on the flag/anthem in 1972, NOT before the civil rights movement and desegregation.

I'm not sure that you followed the link to the quote or examined the other comments that Robinson made in the book.Not sure if you even read my full post because I noted that the auto-bio was published in 1972,well after Robinson's military and baseball career. I think your post was a kneejerk reaction to someone poking a hole in your argument about Kap's comments being across the board offensive to Black vets.

I think your kneejerk reactions continued when you, again apparently not having read my posts on this board or in this thread, assume things about my views that frankly you've not seen me write. "Hate to hit me with facts"? What facts are you hitting me with, and how are they challenging anything that I've written?

And please, don't insult my intelligence by googling bits and pieces of ACP's life story and "hitting me with facts" about him.In fact, don't insult your own intelligence by doing so. I brought him up to challenge Rodney Harrison's laughable comments about Kap not being Black.I won't give you a history lesson about the "one drop rule" because I doubt that you would care. Second, I own book(s) about Powell.His faults, personal shortcomings, and flaws are well documented as are his legislative and political accomplishments.