Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
That's pretty interesting, any idea where they operate, with whom, or if they have specific alliances with any families?

If this is true, why is everyone skeptical about the Ursinos being in NY?

Or the Gambino family moving drugs. I find it kinda amusing it's this much in dispute,that THIS family, like of all the families they are the MOST likely to be moving large amounts of drugs.

I don't doubt the Ursinos and other Ndrangheta figures operate in New York. I'm just sceptical of the scope and influence the article gave them.

The question of the Gambinos or the NY Mafia in general moving large amounts of drugs is a relative one. They do move significant amounts of drugs at the wholesale level. But the LCN has been marginalized in the drug trade to a large degree and, even when partnering with IOC groups, don't move the levels that strictly DTO's, like the Mexicans and Colombians, do.

The NY families may have been increasing their involvement in narcotics as of late but their influence and staying power has always come more from their diverse economic base than how much drugs they move.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.