Originally Posted By: hoodlum
Originally Posted By: Regoparker100
Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
@Regoparker:

I thought the same thing myself, in the books of Joe en his son you can really notice them trying their hardest to distance themselves from him, acting like he didn't play a big role at all in the organization. Pretty phony all of it..

Both father and son were quite notorious phonies. Faking your own kidnapping, memoirs/TV interviews/movies full of lies, inflated egos, trying to distance from a sociopath who happened to be your former protege and underboss and a known drug pusher, yeah.
I started a thread a few mnths. ago about this very topic..in Joe's book "A Man of Honor", he not once mentions Galante's name...

yes, quite true, however in many books it states that in the 50s bonanno went to sicily to set up a drug pipeline, galente was a huge heroin dealer.. and I think bonanno got a cut of all galentes heroin dealings, the bonannos are liars when they say.. "we knew nothing of galentes heroin dealings"
he was made in that family, galente was always a source of revenue for joe, and son.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"