"It's just rhetoric but it's still annoying," Ann Coulter told The Hill Wednesday night. "I think he panicked and he had to say [it] ... I don't think he is softening [about immigration]. I mean the big thing is the wall." Coulter, a hardline opponent of illegal immigration and one of Trump's most prominent media backers, was speaking to The Hill at a party to launch her new book, "In Trump We Trust: E Pluribus Awesome!" In the book, Coulter writes that "there's nothing Trump can do that won't be forgiven. Except change his immigration policies." But now that Trump is toying with doing just that, Coulter is placed in the awkward position of having to defend a man who is no longer drawing such a hard line on immigration

UPDATE:

Conservative author Ann Coulter is such a fervent supporter of Donald Trump that she wrote a book, released this week, called "In Trump We Trust." In the book, she wrote that there was only one thing the Republican nominee could do that would be unforgivable. And he already did it this week.

"There's nothing Trump can do that won't be forgiven," Coulter wrote. "Except change his immigration policies." Over the past several days, Trump has moved to significantly moderate his hard-line immigration policies.

Last edited by olivant; 08/25/16 01:38 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."