I kinda get your point, but not really......

Take the Dominicans right? I don't think they would have an incentive to work with the the Italians. They got their supply from Colombians and their distribution base in Washington heights right? You gotta understand the Dominicans aren't global like that. They are regional in the North east. None of these top guys are going to BUY COKE IN NY, ITS TOO EXPENSIVE AT THAT POINT. It's already made its way from South America and been marked up already. That's the whole point of going that far, to get it in the 10-15 range, so you can get it up here and sell it for 30-50 grand. That's how you wholesale and make money without touching the streets. The Dominicans are in the streets.

Look at the queens thing. They bought coke in COSTA RICA? Why would they do this, if they could get the same price in NY from a Mexican cartel or Dominican? Doesn't that seem like an over complication? They coulda just bought in bulk in NY and shipped it to wherever. Also notice, they didn't bother retailing in NY, it's all export. And from what I can tell, a different operation entirely. If they buy the coke in NY, financially, I don't even think it would make sense, unless they were retailing. Contrast that with the Sinaloa bust in Buffalo, a retail operation.

There are subtleties here I think you might be overlooking. It's a little weird you don't connect the two cases, I thought it was pretty clear, that why the Feds call em old and new bridge. I don't think it will stop, or has stopped. Old bridge was almost ten years ago,and here they are still trying to tap into that international drug money.
Like the Genovese being involved is the more stranger development, the Gambinos have HISTORIC NARCOTICS TIES. Like dude, if not for the whole Michele Sindona bank collapse fiasco, they woulda probably still been on top. They lost a LOT of money and power behind that.
I kinda get what you mean with Lupoi being, somewhat of an isolated incident. He's Calabrian, the Gambinos are Sicilian. But look at the global trends; Even the Caruana-Cun-trera clan went with the Calabrian.

Im just saying, don't think it ended with that Lupoi arrest, notice he took the fall for everyone basically....... I suspect there will be more developments.