Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Well the actual target of that drone strike has never been named maybe it was the 16 year old boy his father Anwar al-Awlaki an American citizen was killed (some say justifiable some say not) 2 weeks before, both I will add happened in Yemin a country that we have never officially declares war

There is also Samir Khan an American citizen who was killed in Yemin

Where does the outrage start? When it is a republican and not when it is a democrat?
Or are you equally as critical of both administrations (as I am)

dude, it was leaked to the media sometime ago that American citizens would be targeted overseas. I really think it was a Pentagon leak to desensitize everyone to what they were planning to do.

President Obama has supposedly authorized drone strikes that have killed thousands. Two to three thousand or better. But he really can only trust what the Pentagon or his advisers tell him. They may be the only ones who really know why a drone strike has to occur.

hi alfa, but don't you really think congress should have a little bit of say -so, when the military hawks start their bombing.

Hey Binnie, I'm replying only now because I just noticed your reply for the first time.

Only Congress can levy war, or at least that's the way it's supposed to work. But because the executive is charged with protecting the homeland, the President can launch attacks in defense of the country without having to wait for Congress to convene and come to a vote. That is very understandable. So the Boss gets a 60 day window to kill whoever they want as long as they can explain it to the Commission (Congress) after the fact. Naturally that freedom or power gets misapplied intentionally and unintentionally.

didn't we have at one time a war powers act ? I'm thinking if trump gets elected, who's to stop him, if his finger is on the button.?

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"