Originally Posted By: SoCalGang

Good post. To your first paragraph, looking for consistency in people to separate the thinkers from the partisans is helpful. Let's find out, who's standing on principle and who's just shilling for a political party.

I got called. Left wing "libtard" many times during those last years of Bush being president. Now I'm getting called a racist right winger for criticizing the government.

Thanks. I got the same thing then and now sometimes, when I support "liberal" social things I'm a libtard I support "conservative" fiscal policy I'm a racist right Wong conspirator, can't win.

Originally Posted By: Faithful1

That doesn't make any sense at all. It's an oxymoron. The key concept is that PARTisan relates to a PARTy. Especially someone who knee-jerk instinctively defends their party and depends on the party's talking points to have an opinion instead of thinking for him or herself. So independents can't be partisans, which means we're living in times where partisans are so partisan that they falsely accuse independents of being "the real partisans."

+1

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life