When I said that I was responding to calling one person a war criminal while not acknowledging atrocities by another andministration I see as hypocrisy but I could be wrong.

Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo

dude, it was leaked to the media sometime ago that American citizens would be targeted overseas. I really think it was a Pentagon leak to desensitize everyone to what they were planning to do.

The U.S. Constitution and international law prohibit the use of lethal force outside of armed conflict zones unless it is used as a last resort against a concrete, specific, and imminent threat of grave harm. Even in the context of an armed conflict against an armed group, the U.S. government may use lethal force only against individuals who are directly participating in hostilities against the United States.-From ACLU

It being leaked doesn't make it right

President Obama has supposedly authorized drone strikes that have killed thousands. Two to three thousand or better. But he really can only trust what the Pentagon or his advisers tell him. They may be the only ones who really know why a drone strike has to occur.

Not really supposedly he has admitted to civilian deaths.

But he really can only trust what the Pentagon or his advisers tell him. They may be the only ones who really know why a drone strike has to occur.

You can say it is the advisors Pentagon but we may never know, the same thing can be said about Bush administration and weapons of mass destruction he was told by his advisors and the Pentagon yet he is still called a war criminal. I will say I don't believe the War in Iraq was "right" and I think Hussein should still be in power as bad as that sounds

The President may get information from advisors but the decision is his.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life