I am trying to get some good information on the Mob in Syracuse between 1945 and 1965. The situation there is obscure to me. The top name (or at least the biggest one I have) was Sam Scro, whose front was the Darling Ice Cream Company. I am not sure if he ran the local mob chapter or not, but it seems likely from what I have read. Scro was originally from Auburn (which was run by Sam Monachino) and he moved to Syracuse in about 1947. His name came up in the Apalachin investigation and before the McClellan Committee. Scro was godfather to one of Joe Barbara's daughters, and his son Vicente supposedly had an important position with Steve Maggadino in Buffalo. He also enjoyed good relations with Sam Monachino and with the Falcones in Utica. I am trying to find out more about Scro and the Syracuse mob generally, and in particular I'd like to know whether Scro answered to Maggadino, Barbara, someone else, or whether he was a franchiser in his own right. The other names I have in Syracuse are Sam Silver and Anthony (Mitzie) Tucci, both big-time bookies. Pictures of Scro or any of his men would be nice. I am particularly interested in a Syracuse drinking place called the Allied Crafts Club (126 1/2 South Sallina Street), a big gambling spot. Thanks to anyone who knows anything.