thats mcnulty who takes the back... can't remember if its bunk or freamon who he's talking to.. maybe both? it's when he's going through his sober mcnulty phase lol.

and thats an interesting catch Gets, the brand of that suit is LRG, which Marlo wore pretty often in the show. I wonder if the people who worked on the show were familiar with the phrase "take an L" though.. one of my few complaints about the wire is the dialogue some of the street guys use.. especially in season 1 it came off a little forced.. but i understand the show was written by guys who were mainly interacting with the streets in the 80s/early 90s..

"You call something a war, and pretty soon everybody gonna running around acting like warriors. They gonna be runnin' around on a damn crusade stormin' corners, slappin' on cuffs, rackin' up body counts. And when you at war, you need a fuckin' enemy. And pretty soon damn near everybody on every corner is your fuckin' enemy and soon the neighborhood that you're supposed to be policin' that's just occupied territory."