We have the biggest most powerful government in the history of the world. Trillions upon trillions of debt to show for it. The most regulations the world has ever seen.

No, the people that have a tough pill to swallow will be those of you that think adding a few more trillions of government spending and programs
Will solve the problem of a shrinking middle class. Because you do not understand resources are finite and that the more resources go towards government/ political distribution of resources, the poorer and weaker the private economy becomes.

I don't know what talking heads you're talking about. All I heard all my life, from government run schools, to the media, is that the government is like a god. And we all need government to solve ALL our problems. Just give the politicians more power so they can wave that magic wand and fix it all. Without them, everything would collapse. Even the so called small government conservatives will spend and grow the government even bigger than the democrats when in power.
The statists have been in charge for decades. This is your economy.