Originally Posted By: helenwheels
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Originally Posted By: helenwheels

While Trump was blasting Clinton for having Mateen sitting behind her at her rally, he had pedophile Mark Foley sitting behind him.

You can't make this shit up.

Yes, having a former pedophile compares to an active supporter of the Taliban who's the father of a man who murdered 49 people and pledged to ISIS. Uh, huh.

The 'shit you can't make up' is the cognitive dissonance it takes for Trump to stand there saying that everyone who stands behind a politician at a rally is their bestest best friend - and that he knows this from experience- while having Foley in the same position vis a vis Mateen and Clinton.

Mateen Sr is a homophobe bad father with backwards stone age religious views (Not all that different from some Trump supporters, ironically). Foley is a pedo (Not a former pedo, it's not like being an ex smoker. The urge doesn't go away). Of the two, I'd say the pedo is worse. Now, if it were Mateen Jr and Foley being compared, I'd say Jr was far worse.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Helenwheels. Being a supporter of the Taliban is not just being a homophobe, it also advocates the killing of apostates, the imposition of Sharia on "People of the Book," the killing of unbelievers, slavery, polygamy, etc. BTW, pedophilia is common and even accepted (not by everyone, but by a lot) in Afghanistan. So yes, I'd say that's far worse than a single pedophile.

Second, you don't know that all pedophiles are attracted to children forever. That's an assumption that's never been proven and can't be proven, so it's an overgeneralization and assuming facts not in evidence. Even if a person does have that attraction it doesn't necessarily follow that he/she will molest again. In fact, there are plenty who don't. Or you could just follow the sort of punishment that ISIS proscribes, which is the death penalty, but if you're going to apply the death penalty to pedophiles then you're also going to have to apply it to gays and fornicators.