Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Does anybody recall another election that was like this? Meaning, people aren't getting behind one candidate but rather standing against the other one?

I'm waiting for the dueling bumper stickers/buttons that read "Not Hillary" or "Not Trump".

Because of the nature of this election, candidates don't even have to sell themselves or their plans.

No, there hasn't been an a "voting against the other guy" presidential campaign that I'm aware of going back to McKinley.

I think there are "Never Hillary/Never Trump" stickers out there. I might even get one.

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Why most normal Americans give two fucks about Estate Taxation, I have no idea.

Estate taxes are a big deal for family owned farms, which America needs. Most people aren't aware of how small independent farmers are hurt by estate taxes. The land with farm buildings and equipment may be overvalued, but it's not something that there's a big demand to buy. So the estate tax forces the beneficiaries to come up with a ton of money to keep the farm. It's not a win by shutting down farms.

http://fortune.com/2015/04/13/death-tax-killing-american-family-farms/

So you do what everyone else with a brain does when you have over 11 million in assets - you buy life insurance. That provides the necessary liquidity to pay off an Estate Tax liability.

Besides, if you read your own evidence, you'd notice this:

"But as to the actual number of family farms hit by the estate tax, only 20 farms in 2013 paid estate taxes and no farms have been reported sold to pay off an estate tax debt."

So, yeah, let's turn off a couple billion dollar revenue stream because it ended up hurting zero people in 2013. Makes sense.

Listen, any business manager worth a grain of salt should be aware of Estate Tax issues at their death. That's how it is. It's fascinating to see rich people try and bring up the cause of small farmers to try and garner support for removing the Estate Tax. Remarkably cynical.