Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
It makes sense that a small minority in certain Sunni Muslim countries would support extremism, to be honest. I am not justifying it, but when your country is frequently bombed and droned, those feelings can develop.

I am sure Muslim support in America would be much, much lower. Not to mention Muslims in countries that aren't exploited and bombed.

I am not going to say a majority of Americans are bad people because a minority supports torture (which is a form of extremism, in my opinion) or because a majority suported a war of aggression in Iraq (where at least 300,000 civilians were killed, which is a low estimate). The only way to understand why Americans justify those actions is when you view things through a nationlistic prism (America brings freedom and democracy through bombs). When it becomes a good versus evil kind of thing, a lot of bad actions can be supported.

Also, what Olivant said. That was a good point.

+1

Alot of this is has got worse because of US actions abroad should have never gone near the middle east but there is money there so there is always an interest when millions were getting slaughtered in Rwanda where was the US? no where because there is no money During the Balkan war of the 90s where was the US i know they eventually helped but they took there time thousands being killed UN stood and watched thousands of people get slaughter by the Serbian army of course thats not just US fault alot of those UN guys in Bosnia were actually dutch.

The invasion of Iraq was the worst but its not an isolated case backing rebels to kill Gaddafi in Libya now look at its a basket case 8 governments and now ISIS exists there thousands of refugees crossing over into Italy Europe gets stuck with US mistakes. Even the Syrian crisis your backing people you dont know with guns and training i know beating ISIS needs to be a priority but the people you guys are backing at the moment could be just as bad look at Afghanistan in the 80s US helped create Al Qeada and make the Taliban into a power because they were fighting the Russians. Stay out of Syria let Russia and Assad retake the country and beat ISIS maybe back the kurds but no one else you dont know who these people are. US never learns from its mistakes and everyone else gets stuck with the US faults.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion