Originally Posted By: Kash
Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted By: Kash
Looks to me like the Bronx guys are the central target here. Considering how bad a few of the fed LCN cases have gone lately (Ligambi, Asaro, & Santora), I wouldn't count Joey as chunked away yet. Let's be real, the Feds have a hard on for him we haven't seen since the Gottis. Even if this case is weak, they would love nothing more than inconveniencing him.

Well it's not like Gotti and Merlino made it hard for them is it? It's not like they are getting put on trial for jaywalking or something. Gotti rigged two trials, threatened juror's lives, had his neighbor dissolved in acid and openly discussed hits on tape.

How is that having a "hard on"?

I have to agree with you. It's amazing to see so many people defend these animals. Have they watched GoodFellas too many times or? I wonder what the deal is.

I'm not defending Joey. You reap what you sow. When you live that life you get what's coming. When you antagonize the Feds, you get indicted. I'm just curious if Joey's case is strong. That's all

While your statement of reaping what you sow is essentially true, the feds do not require antagonizing when they've got cooperating witnesses. You just become a sitting duck for the CW and their new team of friends. That CW is out there looking for the biggest fish he can catch and he's riding on the government's dime.
And of course this case, like every other multi year extravaganza, is buffed up with a nice RICO enhancement. So many cases like this wind up using that RICO charge as the first bargaining chip in plea deals and poof... Away goes the worst charge.