Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
TIS, I really like Eydie Gorme's voice. She sings with Los Panchos too and together they sing two of my fave Spanish songs, "Noche de Ronda", and "Nosotros". I think she is part Italian. But I'm not 100% certain. If you ever get a chance listen to those songs, they're just beautiful .

Yes, renting out the halls is what my family did too. And their yearly bash was always for New Year's Eve. Some of the men would come in dressed as women swinging their pocketbooks. And then one of the uncles would dress up in a diaper and hat like the Baby New Year. Then, they'd dance and parade around. They were a bunch of nuts I swear. I actually have a few pics of the party so I'll share one so you know I'm not making this stuff up lol

Seems like you had a huge family too. Those were the days!

panic grin lol lol Here's one of the pics.

Ha ha ha!!! How fun! Some of those old pictures are wonderful. When I look back there are certain photos, that I treasure.

I know you Italians know that drink that was always served in a shot glass at weddings? Anisette? (Didn't Vito Corleone have a shot?) wink Anyway I never did care for the taste of it, but was quite popular at old-time Italian weddings.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon