Looks like a bullshit case if you ask me

Basically trumped up gambling charges however they snuck RICO in their to get some more time out of these guys and leverage and their are some real hitters in the indictment . Without the RICO, a conviction sentence wouldn't be too bad for most. All will plea down except for Joey as they dying to bust him out financially and with good time.

Westside and Luchesse have been expanding their business big time in SJ and also into Phily. I think there were beefs and sit downs over Philly gambling territory / houses etc. so I wouldn't be shocked if Merlino worked something out with the Bronx guys.

No Columbo guys huh , looks like they are doing most of their biz in BK and LI. Bonnanos have more guys then them IMO ( just a hunch )

Seems like a case to get Merlino and possibly give a message to wise guys that they will continue to come down hard on gambling as IMO gambling is really really big for the guys in NY and NJ. Those poker rooms with NY players can bring in multiple thousands a week with very little risk and serve as a solid way to get big lucrative loan shark in clients . Even though the loans are paid back quickly the volume makes up for it . Poker rooms a very lucrative and very low risk racket , except you have no social life lol