Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Well you're talking to the guy who also believes alcohol and tobacco should be outlawed.

Buzzkill man don't take my only vice away.

Quote:
I think the federal war on drugs is a total failure. You can at least let sick people have marijuana because it's helpful, but compassionate conservatives say, well, we can't do this--the federal government's going in there and overriding state laws and putting people like that in prison. Why don't we handle the drugs like we handle alcohol? Alcohol is a deadly drug. The real deadly drugs are the prescription drugs. They kill a lot more people than the illegal drugs. The drug war is out of control. I fear the drug war because it undermines our civil liberties. It magnifies our problems on the borders. We spent, over the last 40 years, $1 trillion on this war. And believe me, the kids can still get the drugs. It just hasn't worked.

My opinion legalizing drugs won't turn this country upside down, if someone wants to be a junkie let them that being said they need to face the consequences of their actions.

I will admit I'm pretty typical, I am a big Ron Paul guy

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 07/29/16 07:39 PM.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life