Originally Posted By: getthesenets
SoCal,

I agree with some of what you're writing.Forgive me for just pinpointing one line....but the history and laws of this country haven't been about restricting the freedom or movement of the majority group, but of ethnic,racial and religious minorities.

Had this discussion with somebody recently.Majority group has always been able to travel, live, attend school, socialize, study, worship wherever and however they've wanted.

Unless I missed something, Duke is still the same person he was before and is just repackaging his views. He just changed the label on the box.

Majority group has more power in a more centralized political system.
Minority groups should be in favor of more decentralized powers instead of centralized power. Centralized power feels nice when your trible gets the power but what about when someone else's takes the power? It's win lose instead of win-win.
I don't think I ever claimed that the majority groups have been restricted.
Either way that's why I don't like democracy. Because it gives the majority too much power. Might doesn't make right. But if you have democracy, fine, atleast have it on a small population scale, like a Sweden or Norway type country. Much easier to manage.

As for as David duke, I don't follow the guy, and the only reason I know about him at all is because I keep hearing people bring up as a reason to not vote for Donald trump. I'm not voting for trump, but I think using a boogie man guy to scare people away from voting for him is silly.
Because of one person posting here, I did a quick Google search and found out some of Dukes political positions. Turns out, I agree with him on some important issues, like on the federal reserve, the IRS and the wars. The other stuff not so much, but those three issues I mentioned are so important that IMO that makes him better than Trump and Hillary. I still don't endorse the guy, I don't read his stuff, and don't care to hear what he's got to say. Just because someone is bad on some issues doesn't logically follow that they're bad on everything. The real thing I was trying to get across was the whole boogie man thing isn't going to work on anyone that knows how to actually think for themselves.