How I started was holding the pushup position with your finger tips to build strength and get them used to the weighy. I have my brother to thank for being able to do them, 6 years ago my weight got to over 300 lbs (personal issues made me not care about myself) after a visit to the hospital due to breating related issues, smoking not taking care of myself I told myself I never want to be in that situation again so my brother helped me get into a routine. 1-2 years later I was down to 180 not I keep it around 190-203. Know I try not to put anything bad in my body (though I still enjoy cigarettes) yoga push ups pull ups squats abs everyday last year I added hand grips I am up to 250 lbs in each hand. In conclusion to my ramble around 180 I could do them with ease just recently added them to my routine again I can get less down before my hands start to buckle but I am working at it and I know I will succeed because I have faced greater odds and won.

Sorry for the ling drawn out response

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life