Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
I think because his paranoid and murdererous tendencies were more disastrous than his publicity seeking and was an even bigger reason for the downfall of the Philly family.

But I agree with you that those get-togethers on his boat with all his soldiers in Florida were ridiculous. A lot easier for the FEDs to prove a RICO conspiracy that way.

I agree with Billy, spot on buddy...His decisions to leave bodies in the street left no doubt to LE that the victim was a mobster and it was ultimately ordered by Nicky Scarfo...At least when Bruno had someone clipped they normally just vanished...

Sidetracking the thread a little but, has anyone ever compiled a list of all mob murders in philly from 1959-80 during Brunos reign? Its commonly stated that he was the 'Docile Don" preferring mediation to violence and only using murder as a last resort, but I'm sure there were at least 5 mob murders in that time? The only one I can think of is Reds Caruso from Leonetti's "Mafia Prince" book whereby he describes the honor it was being asked by his uncle to accompany him in the kill car to dispose of it thinking that having a 9 year old in the car wouldnt arouse suspicion...anyone have a list of the other mob murders in that time?

Last edited by mikeyballs211; 07/20/16 02:57 PM.

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"