As always, thanks for the info and clarification F1.

There was a thread where I brought up a White soccer mom,Cindy Hahn, who was beaten up by two cowardly cops. First cop lied on top of her...the second cop came and started striking her and I wondered why the first cop had to cover a middle aged woman to restrain her.
You explained to me how difficult it is to restrain a person of any size, and what some of the safety reasons are for using multiple people to restrain a person.

This is the unedited video I posted back then.

Garner was in fact breaking the law by selling loosies, and did in fact resist arrest. My question then and now about the choke hold was....at what point do you release the hold and allow the other officers to cuff the suspect/perp.?

Natural impulse when you are being choked is to try to clear what is choking you..in this case Garner's arms bending trying to pry the cop's arms from around his neck. No matter what you are being commanded to do, your body's self preservation instincts will make yo try to release what is choking you.Guidelines surely gave him leeway to release a chokehold on a man who said he couldn't breathe. Macho posturing.....Garner made them look bad in front of a crowd by resisting, so this officer was gonna get his pound of flesh.

Cop who choked Garner was not gonna let go until the man died, he heard the guy say I can't breathe and kept chokehold on him for minutes after that. Daniel Pantaleo, the cop, is a demon as far as I'm concerned.