Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Ivy,

I wasn't singling you out....and yes you did write "IF"...

I have issues with who BLM are, who is funding them, their ultimate goals, etc but beleive me when I tell you that Black men are treated differently than others when L.E. encounters happen. The main contention though is that, even when there is video tape evidence of reckless, non standard violence by police towards citizens or suspects that the legal system often looks the other way.

Your experiences are going to shape your views as my experiences have shaped mine.

Did you see the video of Tennis pro James Blake given the bum's rush by plain clothes cops in midtown Manhattan in broad daylight? Just jumped out of no where, not identifying themselves and tackling him to the ground?

These incidents are not aberrations.

It's not that I don't necessarily agree that black men are treated differently at times - though I stand by what the stats say as a whole - I just don't agree with the reasons. The black/liberal explanation is that cops are racist, like they come home from their shift, take off their uniforms, and put on their white hoods. The more realistic, practical explanation is that it's black males who make up a big percentage of the violent crime in this country. If you're a cop, and that's who you deal with much of the time day in and day out, you're going to treat them differently. People high on their PC horse will cry "profiling" and "racism" but it makes sense. Who the black community should really be angry at is the criminals in their midst who give them a bad name.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/11/16 10:49 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.